1. Reception: A “Meet-the-Artist” reception, which opens the exhibition,will be held the second Friday of the month, from 6-8:00pm. During that time the artist may give a gallery talk about his/her art, its process, and meaning. The closing of the exhibit is one week before the next artist’s reception. Since we sometimes have scheduling conflicts, please check with the director* as to reception dates before creating your invitations. You may also include on your postcards and other advertising materials that “The Main Street Market Music Jam follows the reception from 8-10pm”.
2. Invitation postcards for your show: We will need at least 500 printed post card invitations similar to the example supplied here. On your invitations, please include place, date, time of reception, logos for Emanuel Arts Council, Kalmanson Gallery, Nordson Corporation, The Main Street Market, the Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest, and our Postal Stamp #139. Please include “Address Service Requested.” The front of the card should be an example of the artist’s work, etc. We request that these be received at least 2 weeks before the show. You may have them sent to: Emanuel Arts Center, 303 North Green St., Swainsboro, GA 30401.
3. Brochures: Please include your biography, artist’s statement, and logos for Emanuel Arts Council, Kalmanson Gallery, Nordson Corporation, The Main Street Market, and Facebook/Twitter /Pinterest. We would like at least 100 printed brochures for the reception. The brochure may be printed on a standard 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, folded. If you want the office to run these off, send a photo-ready copy to emanuelart at bellsouth.net
4. Price list: May be included in the brochure or as an insert. Labels with prices for each work may make the price list unnecessary. Artist’s choice!
5. Publicity photographs & information: As soon as you agree to show at our gallery, we request that you submit your website, photos of you, you and your work, a bio and artist’s statement so that we may post the information in all our available advertising to emanuelarts at bellsouth.net and kalmanson at nctv.com (for this web site).
6. Mailing labels: Persons to whom you wish invitations sent may be included with your postcards for bulk mailing. We require the addresses emailed or delivered at the same time we receive the post cards.
NOTE: Emanuel Arts Council requires a 20% donation from all works sold as a result of your exhibition. These funds will be applied toward the operating expenses of The Kalmanson Gallery.
*Gallery Director Neil Kalmanson (kalmanson at nctv.com) or EAC Director Jen Meadows (emanuelarts at bellsouth.net) will be glad to answer any questions that you may have about the exhibition or reception.